• Pop Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To burst open with a pop, when heated over a fire; as, this corn pops well.
- (adv.) Like a pop; suddenly; unexpectedly.
- (n.) The European redwing.
- (v. t.) To thrust or push suddenly; to offer suddenly; to bring suddenly and unexpectedly to notice; as, to pop ones head in at the door.
- (v. i.) To enter, or issue forth, with a quick, sudden movement; to move from place to place suddenly; to dart; -- with in, out, upon, off, etc.
- (v. i.) To make a pop, or sharp, quick sound; as, the muskets popped away on all sides.
- (n.) A small, sharp, quick explosive sound or report; as, to go off with a pop.
- (n.) An unintoxicating beverage which expels the cork with a pop from the bottle containing it; as, ginger pop; lemon pop, etc.
- (v. t.) To cause to pop; to cause to burst open by heat, as grains of Indian corn; as, to pop corn or chestnuts.
• Popet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A puppet.
• Popped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pop