• Portion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The part of an estate given to a child or heir, or descending to him by law, and distributed to him in the settlement of the estate; an inheritance.
- (n.) A wifes fortune; a dowry.
- (v. t.) To separate or divide into portions or shares; to parcel; to distribute.
- (n.) That which is divided off or separated, as a part from a whole; a separated part of anything.
- (n.) A part assigned; allotment; share; fate.
- (v. t.) To endow with a portion or inheritance.
- (n.) A part considered by itself, though not actually cut off or separated from the whole.
• Portioning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Portion
• Portionless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no portion.