• Position Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Relative place or standing; social or official rank; as, a person of position; hence, office; post; as, to lose ones position.
- (v. t.) To indicate the position of; to place.
- (n.) A method of solving a problem by one or two suppositions; -- called also the rule of trial and error.
- (n.) The spot where a person or thing is placed or takes a place; site; place; station; situation; as, the position of man in creation; the fleet changed its position.
- (n.) Hence: The ground which any one takes in an argument or controversy; the point of view from which any one proceeds to a discussion; also, a principle laid down as the basis of reasoning; a proposition; a thesis; as, to define ones position; to appear in a false position.
- (n.) The state of being posited, or placed; the manner in which anything is placed; attitude; condition; as, a firm, an inclined, or an upright position.
• Positional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to position.