• Posse Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Posse comitatus
- (n.) See Posse comitatus.
• Posset Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A beverage composed of hot milk curdled by some strong infusion, as by wine, etc., -- much in favor formerly.
- (v. t.) To curdle; to turn, as milk; to coagulate; as, to posset the blood.
- (v. t.) To treat with possets; to pamper.
• Possession Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The thing possessed; that which any one occupies, owns, or controls; in the plural, property in the aggregate; wealth; dominion; as, foreign possessions.
- (v. t.) To invest with property.
- (n.) The having, holding, or detention of property in ones power or command; actual seizin or occupancy; ownership, whether rightful or wrongful.
- (n.) The state of being possessed or controlled, as by an evil spirit, or violent passions; madness; frenzy; as, demoniacal possession.
- (n.) The act or state of possessing, or holding as ones own.