• Possessed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Possess
• Possess Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To obtain occupation or possession of; to accomplish; to gain; to seize.
- (v. t.) To occupy in person; to hold or actually have in ones own keeping; to have and to hold.
- (v. t.) To enter into and influence; to control the will of; to fill; to affect; -- said especially of evil spirits, passions, etc.
- (v. t.) To put in possession; to make the owner or holder of property, power, knowledge, etc.; to acquaint; to inform; -- followed by of or with before the thing possessed, and now commonly used reflexively.
- (v. t.) To have the legal title to; to have a just right to; to be master of; to own; to have; as, to possess property, an estate, a book.