• Possession Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The thing possessed; that which any one occupies, owns, or controls; in the plural, property in the aggregate; wealth; dominion; as, foreign possessions.
- (v. t.) To invest with property.
- (n.) The having, holding, or detention of property in ones power or command; actual seizin or occupancy; ownership, whether rightful or wrongful.
- (n.) The state of being possessed or controlled, as by an evil spirit, or violent passions; madness; frenzy; as, demoniacal possession.
- (n.) The act or state of possessing, or holding as ones own.
• Possessioner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An invidious name for a member of any religious community endowed with property in lands, buildings, etc., as contrasted with mendicant friars.
- (n.) A possessor; a property holder.