• Posterior Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Situated behind; hinder; -- opposed to anterior.
- (a.) Later in time; hence, later in the order of proceeding or moving; coming after; -- opposed to prior.
- (a.) At or toward the caudal extremity; caudal; -- in human anatomy often used for dorsal.
- (a.) On the side next the axis of inflorescence; -- said of an axillary flower.
• Posteriority Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being later or subsequent; as, posteriority of time, or of an event; -- opposed to priority.