• Postulate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take without express consent; to assume.
- (n.) The enunciation of a self-evident problem, in distinction from an axiom, which is the enunciation of a self-evident theorem.
- (v. t.) To beg, or assume without proof; as, to postulate conclusions.
- (v. t.) To invite earnestly; to solicit.
- (a.) Postulated.
- (n.) Something demanded or asserted; especially, a position or supposition assumed without proof, or one which is considered as self-evident; a truth to which assent may be demanded or challenged, without argument or evidence.
• Postulated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Assumed without proof; as, a postulated inference.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Postulate