• Posture Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The position of the body; the situation or disposition of the several parts of the body with respect to each other, or for a particular purpose; especially (Fine Arts), the position of a figure with regard to the several principal members by which action is expressed; attitude.
- (n.) State or condition, whether of external circumstances, or of internal feeling and will; disposition; mood; as, a posture of defense; the posture of affairs.
- (v. t.) To place in a particular position or attitude; to dispose the parts of, with reference to a particular purpose; as, to posture ones self; to posture a model.
- (n.) Place; position; situation.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To assume a character; as, to posture as a saint.
- (v. i.) To assume a particular posture or attitude; to contort the body into artificial attitudes, as an acrobat or contortionist; also, to pose.
• Postured Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Posture