• Prayer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) The act of addressing supplication to a divinity, especially to the true God; the offering of adoration, confession, supplication, and thanksgiving to the Supreme Being; as, public prayer; secret prayer.
- (v. i.) The act of praying, or of asking a favor; earnest request or entreaty; hence, a petition or memorial addressed to a court or a legislative body.
- (n.) One who prays; a supplicant.
- (v. i.) The form of words used in praying; a formula of supplication; an expressed petition; especially, a supplication addressed to God; as, a written or extemporaneous prayer; to repeat ones prayers.
• Prayerful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Given to prayer; praying much or often; devotional.