• Praying Definition & Synonyms
- () a. & n. from Pray, v.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pray
• Pray Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To effect or accomplish by praying; as, to pray a soul out of purgatory.
- (v. t.) To ask earnestly for; to seek to obtain by supplication; to entreat for.
- (v. i.) To make request with earnestness or zeal, as for something desired; to make entreaty or supplication; to offer prayer to a deity or divine being as a religious act; specifically, to address the Supreme Being with adoration, confession, supplication, and thanksgiving.
- (v. t.) To address earnest request to; to supplicate; to entreat; to implore; to beseech.
- (n. & v.) See Pry.
• Prayingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With supplication to God.