• Preaching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Preach
- (n.) The act of delivering a religious discourse; the art of sermonizing; also, a sermon; a public religious discourse; serious, earnest advice.
• Preach Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To teach or instruct by preaching; to inform by preaching.
- (v. i.) To give serious advice on morals or religion; to discourse in the manner of a preacher.
- (v. t.) To advise or recommend earnestly.
- (v. t.) To inculcate in public discourse; to urge with earnestness by public teaching.
- (v. t.) To proclaim by public discourse; to utter in a sermon or a formal religious harangue.
- (v.) A religious discourse.
- (v. t.) To deliver or pronounce; as, to preach a sermon.
- (v. i.) To proclaim or publish tidings; specifically, to proclaim the gospel; to discourse publicly on a religious subject, or from a text of Scripture; to deliver a sermon.