• Prejudice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An opinion or judgment formed without due examination; prejudgment; a leaning toward one side of a question from other considerations than those belonging to it; an unreasonable predilection for, or objection against, anything; especially, an opinion or leaning adverse to anything, without just grounds, or before sufficient knowledge.
- (n.) A bias on the part of judge, juror, or witness which interferes with fairness of judgment.
- (n.) To obstruct or injure by prejudices, or by previous bias of the mind; hence, generally, to hurt; to damage; to injure; to impair; as, to prejudice a good cause.
- (n.) Foresight.
- (n.) To cause to have prejudice; to prepossess with opinions formed without due knowledge or examination; to bias the mind of, by hasty and incorrect notions; to give an unreasonable bent to, as to one side or the other of a cause; as, to prejudice a critic or a juryman.
- (n.) Mischief; hurt; damage; injury; detriment.
• Prejudiced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prejudice