• Pretended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pretend
- (a.) Making a false appearance; unreal; false; as, pretended friend.
• Pretend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To put in, or make, a claim, truly or falsely; to allege a title; to lay claim to, or strive after, something; -- usually with to.
- (v. t.) To hold before, or put forward, as a cloak or disguise for something else; to exhibit as a veil for something hidden.
- (v. i.) To hold out the appearance of being, possessing, or performing; to profess; to make believe; to feign; to sham; as, to pretend to be asleep.
- (v. t.) To intend; to design; to plot; to attempt.
- (v. t.) To hold out, or represent, falsely; to put forward, or offer, as true or real (something untrue or unreal); to show hypocritically, or for the purpose of deceiving; to simulate; to feign; as, to pretend friendship.
- (v. t.) To lay a claim to; to allege a title to; to claim.
- (v. t.) To hold before one; to extend.