• Prevaricate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To shift or turn from one side to the other, from the direct course, or from truth; to speak with equivocation; to shuffle; to quibble; as, he prevaricates in his statement.
- (v. i.) To collude, as where an informer colludes with the defendant, and makes a sham prosecution.
- (v. i.) To undertake a thing falsely and deceitfully, with the purpose of defeating or destroying it.
- (v. t.) To evade by a quibble; to transgress; to pervert.
• Prevaricated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prevaricate