• Printed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Print
• Print Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A printed cloth; a fabric figured by stamping, especially calico or cotton cloth.
- (v. t.) To stamp or impress with colored figures or patterns; as, to print calico.
- (n.) Printed letters; the impression taken from type, as to excellence, form, size, etc.; as, small print; large print; this line is in print.
- (v. i.) To publish a book or an article.
- (n.) That which is produced by printing.
- (v. t.) To strike off an impression or impressions of, from type, or from stereotype, electrotype, or engraved plates, or the like; in a wider sense, to do the typesetting, presswork, etc., of (a book or other publication); as, to print books, newspapers, pictures; to print an edition of a book.
- (n.) A stamp or die for molding or impressing an ornamental design upon an object; as, a butter print.
- (n.) A core print. See under Core.
- (n.) A printed publication, more especially a newspaper or other periodical.
- (n.) That which receives an impression, as from a stamp or mold; as, a print of butter.
- (v. t.) To take (a copy, a positive picture, etc.), from a negative, a transparent drawing, or the like, by the action of light upon a sensitized surface.
- (v. i.) To use or practice the art of typography; to take impressions of letters, figures, or electrotypes, engraved plates, or the like.
- (v. t.) To fix or impress, as a stamp, mark, character, idea, etc., into or upon something.
- (n.) A mark made by impression; a line, character, figure, or indentation, made by the pressure of one thing on another; as, the print of teeth or nails in flesh; the print of the foot in sand or snow.
- (n.) A photographic copy, or positive picture, on prepared paper, as from a negative, or from a drawing on transparent paper.
- (n.) An impression taken from anything, as from an engraved plate.
- (v. t.) To stamp something in or upon; to make an impression or mark upon by pressure, or as by pressure.