• Private Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A secret message; a personal unofficial communication.
- (a.) Having secret or private knowledge; privy.
- (n.) Privacy; retirement.
- (a.) Belonging to, or concerning, an individual person, company, or interest; peculiar to ones self; unconnected with others; personal; ones own; not public; not general; separate; as, a mans private opinion; private property; a private purse; private expenses or interests; a private secretary.
- (a.) Sequestered from company or observation; appropriated to an individual; secret; secluded; lonely; solitary; as, a private room or apartment; private prayer.
- (n.) A common soldier; a soldier below the grade of a noncommissioned officer.
- (a.) Not invested with, or engaged in, public office or employment; as, a private citizen; private life.
- (n.) Personal interest; particular business.
- (n.) The private parts; the genitals.
- (n.) One not invested with a public office.
- (a.) Not publicly known; not open; secret; as, a private negotiation; a private understanding.
• Privateersman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An officer or seaman of a privateer.
• Privately Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a private manner; not openly; without the presence of others.
- (adv.) In a manner affecting an individual; personally not officially; as, he is not privately benefited.