• Proceeds Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) That which comes forth or results; effect; yield; issue; product; sum accruing from a sale, etc.
• Proceed Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To begin and carry on a legal process.
- (v. i.) To be transacted; to take place; to occur.
- (v. i.) To have application or effect; to operate.
- (n.) See Proceeds.
- (v. i.) To move, pass, or go forward or onward; to advance; to continue or renew motion begun; as, to proceed on a journey.
- (v. i.) To pass from one point, topic, or stage, to another; as, to proceed with a story or argument.
- (v. i.) To issue or come forth as from a source or origin; to come from; as, light proceeds from the sun.
- (v. i.) To go on in an orderly or regulated manner; to begin and carry on a series of acts or measures; to act by method; to prosecute a design.