• Process Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A series of actions, motions, or occurrences; progressive act or transaction; continuous operation; normal or actual course or procedure; regular proceeding; as, the process of vegetation or decomposition; a chemical process; processes of nature.
- (n.) A statement of events; a narrative.
- (n.) The whole course of proceedings in a cause real or personal, civil or criminal, from the beginning to the end of the suit; strictly, the means used for bringing the defendant into court to answer to the action; -- a generic term for writs of the class called judicial.
- (n.) Any marked prominence or projecting part, especially of a bone; anapophysis.
- (n.) The act of proceeding; continued forward movement; procedure; progress; advance.
• Process plate Definition & Synonyms
- () A plate prepared by a mechanical process, esp. a photomechanical process.
- () A very slow photographic plate, giving good contrasts between high lights and shadows, used esp. for making lantern slides.
• Procession Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An orderly and ceremonial progress of persons, either from the sacristy to the choir, or from the choir around the church, within or without.
- (n.) The act of proceeding, moving on, advancing, or issuing; regular, orderly, or ceremonious progress; continuous course.
- (n.) An old term for litanies which were said in procession and not kneeling.
- (v. i.) To march in procession.
- (n.) That which is moving onward in an orderly, stately, or solemn manner; a train of persons advancing in order; a ceremonious train; a retinue; as, a procession of mourners; the Lord Mayors procession.
- (v. t.) To ascertain, mark, and establish the boundary lines of, as lands.
- (v. i.) To honor with a procession.