• Proctor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An officer employed in admiralty and ecclesiastical causes. He answers to an attorney at common law, or to a solicitor in equity.
- (n.) An officer in a university or college whose duty it is to enforce obedience to the laws of the institution.
- (v. t.) To act as a proctor toward; to manage as an attorney or agent.
- (n.) A person appointed to collect alms for those who could not go out to beg for themselves, as lepers, the bedridden, etc.; hence a beggar.
- (n.) A representative of the clergy in convocation.
- (n.) One who is employed to manage to affairs of another.
• Proctorial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a proctor, esp. an academic proctor; magisterial.