• Professed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Profess
• Profess Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To set up a claim to; to make presence to; hence, to put on or present an appearance of.
- (v. t.) To make open declaration of, as of ones knowledge, belief, action, etc.; to avow or acknowledge; to confess publicly; to own or admit freely.
- (v. i.) To declare friendship.
- (v. t.) To present to knowledge of, to proclaim ones self versed in; to make ones self a teacher or practitioner of, to set up as an authority respecting; to declare (ones self to be such); as, he professes surgery; to profess ones self a physician.
- (v. i.) To take a profession upon ones self by a public declaration; to confess.
• Professedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By profession.