• Profound Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Descending far below the surface; opening or reaching to a great depth; deep.
- (v. t.) To cause to sink deeply; to cause to dive or penetrate far down.
- (a.) Characterized by intensity; deeply felt; pervading; overmastering; far-reaching; strongly impressed; as, a profound sleep.
- (n.) The deep; the sea; the ocean.
- (a.) Intellectually deep; entering far into subjects; reaching to the bottom of a matter, or of a branch of learning; thorough; as, a profound investigation or treatise; a profound scholar; profound wisdom.
- (v. i.) To dive deeply; to penetrate.
- (a.) Bending low, exhibiting or expressing deep humility; lowly; submissive; as, a profound bow.
- (n.) An abyss.
• Profoundly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a profound manner.
• Profoundness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being profound; profundity; depth.