• Progressed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Progress
• Progress Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Toward ideal completeness or perfection in respect of quality or condition; -- applied to individuals, communities, or the race; as, social, moral, religious, or political progress.
- (n.) In business of any kind; as, the progress of a negotiation; the progress of art.
- (v. i.) To make improvement; to advance.
- (v. i.) To make progress; to move forward in space; to continue onward in course; to proceed; to advance; to go on; as, railroads are progressing.
- (n.) A journey of state; a circuit; especially, one made by a sovereign through parts of his own dominions.
- (n.) In the growth of an animal or plant; increase.
- (n.) A moving or going forward; a proceeding onward; an advance
- (n.) In knowledge; in proficiency; as, the progress of a child at school.
- (n.) In actual space, as the progress of a ship, carriage, etc.
- (v. t.) To make progress in; to pass through.