• Project Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form a project; to scheme.
- (n.) That which is projected or designed; something intended or devised; a scheme; a design; a plan.
- (v. i.) To shoot forward; to extend beyond something else; to be prominent; to jut; as, the cornice projects; branches project from the tree.
- (n.) The place from which a thing projects, or starts forth.
- (v. t.) To draw or exhibit, as the form of anything; to delineate; as, to project a sphere, a map, an ellipse, and the like; -- sometimes with on, upon, into, etc.; as, to project a line or point upon a plane. See Projection, 4.
- (v. t.) To cast forward or revolve in the mind; to contrive; to devise; to scheme; as, to project a plan.
- (n.) An idle scheme; an impracticable design; as, a man given to projects.
- (v. t.) To throw or cast forward; to shoot forth.
• Projecture Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A jutting out beyond a surface.
• Projection Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of scheming or planning; also, that which is planned; contrivance; design; plan.
- (n.) A jutting out; also, a part jutting out, as of a building; an extension beyond something else.
- (n.) The act of throwing or shooting forward.
- (n.) Any method of representing the surface of the earth upon a plane.
- (n.) The representation of something; delineation; plan; especially, the representation of any object on a perspective plane, or such a delineation as would result were the chief points of the object thrown forward upon the plane, each in the direction of a line drawn through it from a given point of sight, or central point; as, the projection of a sphere. The several kinds of projection differ according to the assumed point of sight and plane of projection in each.