• Projection Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of scheming or planning; also, that which is planned; contrivance; design; plan.
- (n.) A jutting out; also, a part jutting out, as of a building; an extension beyond something else.
- (n.) The act of throwing or shooting forward.
- (n.) Any method of representing the surface of the earth upon a plane.
- (n.) The representation of something; delineation; plan; especially, the representation of any object on a perspective plane, or such a delineation as would result were the chief points of the object thrown forward upon the plane, each in the direction of a line drawn through it from a given point of sight, or central point; as, the projection of a sphere. The several kinds of projection differ according to the assumed point of sight and plane of projection in each.