• Promoted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Promote
• Promote Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To contribute to the growth, enlargement, or prosperity of (any process or thing that is in course); to forward; to further; to encourage; to advance; to excite; as, to promote learning; to promote disorder; to promote a business venture.
- (v. i.) To urge on or incite another, as to strife; also, to inform against a person.
- (v. t.) To exalt in station, rank, or honor; to elevate; to raise; to prefer; to advance; as, to promote an officer.