• Pronoun Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A word used instead of a noun or name, to avoid the repetition of it. The personal pronouns in English are I, thou or you, he, she, it, we, ye, and they.
• Pronounce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To give a pronunciation; to articulate; as, to pronounce faultlessly.
- (v. i.) To make declaration; to utter on opinion; to speak with confidence.
- (v. t.) To utter officially or solemnly; to deliver, as a decree or sentence; as, to pronounce sentence of death.
- (v. t.) To utter articulately; to speak out or distinctly; to utter, as words or syllables; to speak with the proper sound and accent as, adults rarely learn to pronounce a foreign language correctly.
- (v. t.) To speak or utter rhetorically; to deliver; to recite; as, to pronounce an oration.
- (n.) Pronouncement; declaration; pronunciation.
- (v. t.) To declare or affirm; as, he pronounced the book to be a libel; he pronounced the act to be a fraud.