• Properties Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Property
• Property Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To invest which properties, or qualities.
- (a.) Propriety; correctness.
- (a.) An acquired or artificial quality; that which is given by art, or bestowed by man; as, the poem has the properties which constitute excellence.
- (a.) That to which a person has a legal title, whether in his possession or not; thing owned; an estate, whether in lands, goods, or money; as, a man of large property, or small property.
- (a.) The exclusive right of possessing, enjoying, and disposing of a thing; ownership; title.
- (a.) All the adjuncts of a play except the scenery and the dresses of the actors; stage requisites.
- (a.) That which is proper to anything; a peculiar quality of a thing; that which is inherent in a subject, or naturally essential to it; an attribute; as, sweetness is a property of sugar.
- (v. t.) To make a property of; to appropriate.