• Proportional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Relating to, or securing, proportion.
- (a.) Having a due proportion, or comparative relation; being in suitable proportion or degree; as, the parts of an edifice are proportional.
- (n.) Any number or quantity in a proportion; as, a mean proportional.
- (n.) The combining weight or equivalent of an element.
- (a.) Constituting a proportion; having the same, or a constant, ratio; as, proportional quantities; momentum is proportional to quantity of matter.
• Proportionality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being in proportion.
• Proportionally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In proportion; in due degree; adapted relatively; as, all parts of the building are proportionally large.