• Prosecute Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To follow after.
- (v. t.) To follow or pursue with a view to reach, execute, or accomplish; to endeavor to obtain or complete; to carry on; to continue; as, to prosecute a scheme, hope, or claim.
- (v. t.) To seek to obtain by legal process; as, to prosecute a right or a claim in a court of law.
- (v. i.) To institute and carry on a legal prosecution; as, to prosecute for public offenses.
- (v. t.) To pursue with the intention of punishing; to accuse of some crime or breach of law, or to pursue for redress or punishment, before a legal tribunal; to proceed against judicially; as, to prosecute a man for trespass, or for a riot.
• Prosecuted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prosecute