• Protestant Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the faith and practice of those Christians who reject the authority of the Roman Catholic Church; as, Protestant writers.
- (v.) One who protests; -- originally applied to those who adhered to Luther, and protested against, or made a solemn declaration of dissent from, a decree of the Emperor Charles V. and the Diet of Spires, in 1529, against the Reformers, and appealed to a general council; -- now used in a popular sense to designate any Christian who does not belong to the Roman Catholic or the Greek Church.
- (a.) Making a protest; protesting.
• Protestantical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Protestant.
• Protestantly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Like a Protestant; in conformity with Protestantism.