• Provision Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A canonical term for regular induction into a benefice, comprehending nomination, collation, and installation.
- (n.) That which is stipulated in advance; a condition; a previous agreement; a proviso; as, the provisions of a contract; the statute has many provisions.
- (n.) A nomination by the pope to a benefice before it became vacant, depriving the patron of his right of presentation.
- (n.) The act of providing, or making previous preparation.
- (n.) Especially, a stock of food; any kind of eatables collected or stored; -- often in the plural.
- (v. t.) To supply with food; to victual; as, to provision a garrison.
- (n.) That which is provided or prepared; that which is brought together or arranged in advance; measures taken beforehand; preparation.
• Provisional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of the nature of a provision; serving as a provision for the time being; -- used of partial or temporary arrangements; as, a provisional government; a provisional treaty.