• Prune Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lop or cut off the superfluous parts, branches, or shoots of; to clear of useless material; to shape or smooth by trimming; to trim: as, to prune trees; to prune an essay.
- (v. t.) To preen; to prepare; to dress.
- (v. i.) To dress; to prink; -used humorously or in contempt.
- (n.) A plum; esp., a dried plum, used in cookery; as, French or Turkish prunes; California prunes.
- (v. t.) To cut off or cut out, as useless parts.
• Prunello Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A species of dried plum; prunelle.
- (n.) A smooth woolen stuff, generally black, used for making shoes; a kind of lasting; -- formerly used also for clergymens gowns.
• Pruned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prune