• Puffer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The common, or harbor, porpoise.
- (n.) A kier.
- (n.) One who puffs; one who praises with noisy or extravagant commendation.
- (n.) Any plectognath fish which inflates its body, as the species of Tetrodon and Diodon; -- called also blower, puff-fish, swellfish, and globefish.
- (n.) One who is employed by the owner or seller of goods sold at suction to bid up the price; a by-bidder.
• Puffery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of puffing; bestowment of extravagant commendation.