• Pulpit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A desk, or platform, for an orator or public speaker.
- (n.) The whole body of the clergy; preachers as a class; also, preaching.
- (n.) An elevated place, or inclosed stage, in a church, in which the clergyman stands while preaching.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the pulpit, or preaching; as, a pulpit orator; pulpit eloquence.
• Pulpiteer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who speaks in a pulpit; a preacher; -- so called in contempt.
• Pulpitry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The teaching of the pulpit; preaching.