• Pumice Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Pumice stone
- (n.) A very light porous volcanic scoria, usually of a gray color, the pores of which are capillary and parallel, giving it a fibrous structure. It is supposed to be produced by the disengagement of watery vapor without liquid or plastic lava. It is much used, esp. in the form of powder, for smoothing and polishing. Called also pumice stone.
• Pumice stone Definition & Synonyms
- () Same as Pumice.
• Pumiceous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to pumice; resembling pumice.