• Pun Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A play on words which have the same sound but different meanings; an expression in which two different applications of a word present an odd or ludicrous idea; a kind of quibble or equivocation.
- (v. t.) To pound.
- (v. t.) To persuade or affect by a pun.
- (v. i.) To make puns, or a pun; to use a word in a double sense, especially when the contrast of ideas is ludicrous; to play upon words; to quibble.
• Punctualness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Punctuality; exactness.
• Puncture Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small hole made by a point; a slight wound, bite, or sting; as, the puncture of a nail, needle, or pin.
- (n.) The act of puncturing; perforating with something pointed.
- (v. t.) To pierce with a small, pointed instrument, or the like; to prick; to make a puncture in; as, to puncture the skin.