• Punt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To punt a football.
- (v. i.) To boat or hunt in a punt.
- (v. i.) To play at basset, baccara, faro. or omber; to gamble.
- (n.) A flat-bottomed boat with square ends. It is adapted for use in shallow waters.
- (n.) Act of playing at basset, baccara, faro, etc.
- (n.) The act of punting the ball.
- (v. t.) To kick (the ball) before it touches the ground, when let fall from the hands.
- (v. t.) To propel, as a boat in shallow water, by pushing with a pole against the bottom; to push or propel (anything) with exertion.
• Punter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A scalper.
- (v. t.) One who punts; specifically, one who plays against the banker or dealer, as in baccara and faro.
- (n.) One who punts a football; also, one who propels a punt.
• Puntello Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the points sometimes drilled as guides for cutting away superfluous stone.