• Purchasing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Purchase
• Purchase Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To acquire wealth or property.
- (v. t.) To obtain by paying money or its equivalent; to buy for a price; as, to purchase land, or a house.
- (v. t.) That which is obtained for a price in money or its equivalent.
- (v. t.) To acquire by any means except descent or inheritance.
- (v. t.) The act of seeking and acquiring property.
- (v. t.) Any mechanical hold, or advantage, applied to the raising or removing of heavy bodies, as by a lever, a tackle, capstan, and the like; also, the apparatus, tackle, or device by which the advantage is gained.
- (v. t.) The acquisition of title to, or properly in, anything for a price; buying for money or its equivalent.
- (v. i.) To put forth effort to obtain anything; to strive; to exert ones self.
- (v. t.) To expiate by a fine or forfeit.
- (v. t.) To apply to (anything) a device for obtaining a mechanical advantage; to get a purchase upon, or apply a purchase to; as, to purchase a cannon.
- (v. t.) To obtain by any outlay, as of labor, danger, or sacrifice, etc.; as, to purchase favor with flattery.
- (v. t.) Acquisition of lands or tenements by other means than descent or inheritance, namely, by ones own act or agreement.
- (v. t.) To pursue and obtain; to acquire by seeking; to gain, obtain, or acquire.
- (v. t.) To buy for a price.
- (v. t.) The act of seeking, getting, or obtaining anything.
- (v. t.) That which is obtained, got, or acquired, in any manner, honestly or dishonestly; property; possession; acquisition.