• Pured Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Purified; refined.
• Pur Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To signify or express by purring.
- (v. i.) To utter a low, murmuring, continued sound, as a cat does when pleased.
- (n.) The low, murmuring sound made by a cat to express contentment or pleasure.
• Pure Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Free from moral defilement or quilt; hence, innocent; guileless; chaste; -- applied to persons.
- (superl.) Free from that which harms, vitiates, weakens, or pollutes; genuine; real; perfect; -- applied to things and actions.
- (superl.) Of a single, simple sound or tone; -- said of some vowels and the unaspirated consonants.
- (superl.) Ritually clean; fitted for holy services.
- (superl.) Separate from all heterogeneous or extraneous matter; free from mixture or combination; clean; mere; simple; unmixed; as, pure water; pure clay; pure air; pure compassion.