• Purge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To clarify; to defecate, as liquors.
- (v. t.) The act of purging.
- (v. i.) To have or produce frequent evacuations from the intestines, as by means of a cathartic.
- (v. t.) To clear from accusation, or the charge of a crime or misdemeanor, as by oath or in ordeal.
- (v. t.) To operate on as, or by means of, a cathartic medicine, or in a similar manner.
- (v. t.) To clear from guilt, or from moral or ceremonial defilement; as, to purge one of guilt or crime.
- (v. t.) To remove in cleansing; to deterge; to wash away; -- often followed by away.
- (v. i.) To become pure, as by clarification.
- (v. t.) To cleanse, clear, or purify by separating and carrying off whatever is impure, heterogeneous, foreign, or superfluous.
- (v. t.) To clear of sediment, as a boiler, or of air, as a steam pipe, by driving off or permitting escape.
- (v. t.) That which purges; especially, a medicine that evacuates the intestines; a cathartic.
• Purged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Purge