• Purposing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Purpose
• Purpose Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which a person sets before himself as an object to be reached or accomplished; the end or aim to which the view is directed in any plan, measure, or exertion; view; aim; design; intention; plan.
- (v. t.) To propose, as an aim, to ones self; to determine upon, as some end or object to be accomplished; to intend; to design; to resolve; -- often followed by an infinitive or dependent clause.
- (v. t.) To set forth; to bring forward.
- (n.) Proposal to another; discourse.
- (n.) Instance; example.
- (v. i.) To have a purpose or intention; to discourse.