• Pus Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) The yellowish white opaque creamy matter produced by the process of suppuration. It consists of innumerable white nucleated cells floating in a clear liquid.
• Pusane Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A piece of armor for the breast; often, an addition to, or reenforcement of. the breastplate; -- called also pesane.
• Puseyite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who holds the principles of Puseyism; -- often used opprobriously.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Puseyism.
• Puseyism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The principles of Dr. Pusey and others at Oxford, England, as exhibited in various publications, esp. in a series which appeared from 1833 to 1841, designated " Tracts for the Times;" tractarianism. See Tractarianism.