• Putt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To make a putt.
- (v. t.) A stroke made on the putting green to play the ball into a hole.
• Putter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A club with a short shaft and either a wooden or a metal head, used in putting.
- (n.) One who putts.
- (v. i.) To act inefficiently or idly; to trifle; to potter.
- (n.) Specifically, one who pushes the small wagons in a coal mine, and the like.
- (n.) One who puts or plates.
• Putter-on Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instigator.