• Puzzled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Puzzle
• Puzzle Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Something which perplexes or embarrasses; especially, a toy or a problem contrived for testing ingenuity; also, something exhibiting marvelous skill in making.
- (v. i.) To work, as at a puzzle; as, to puzzle over a problem.
- (v. i.) To be bewildered, or perplexed.
- (v. t.) To solve by ingenuity, as a puzzle; -- followed by out; as, to puzzle out a mystery.
- (v. t.) To make intricate; to entangle.
- (v.) The state of being puzzled; perplexity; as, to be in a puzzle.
- (v. t.) To perplex; to confuse; to embarrass; to put to a stand; to nonplus.
• Puzzledom Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The domain of puzzles; puzzles, collectively.