• quickened Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Quicken
• Quicken Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To move with rapidity or activity; to become accelerated; as, his pulse quickened.
- (v. i.) To come to life; to become alive; to become vivified or enlivened; hence, to exhibit signs of life; to move, as the fetus in the womb.
- (a.) To make lively, active, or sprightly; to impart additional energy to; to stimulate; to make quick or rapid; to hasten; to accelerate; as, to quicken ones steps or thoughts; to quicken ones departure or speed.
- (a.) To shorten the radius of (a curve); to make (a curve) sharper; as, to quicken the sheer, that is, to make its curve more pronounced.
- (a.) To make alive; to vivify; to revive or resuscitate, as from death or an inanimate state; hence, to excite; to, stimulate; to incite.