• Quilted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Quilt
• Quilt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To stitch or sew in lines or patterns.
- (v. t.) To stitch or sew together at frequent intervals, in order to confine in place the several layers of cloth and wadding of which a garment, comforter, etc., may be made; as, to quilt a coat.
- (n.) Anything that is quilted; esp., a quilted bed cover, or a skirt worn by women; any cover or garment made by putting wool, cotton, etc., between two cloths and stitching them together; also, any outer bed cover.
- (v. t.) To wad, as a garment, with warm soft material.