• Quilting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The material used for making quilts.
- (n.) A coating of strands of rope for a water vessel.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Quilt
- (n.) The act of stitching or running in patterns, as in making a quilt.
- (n.) A quilting bee. See Bee, 2.
• Quilt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To stitch or sew in lines or patterns.
- (v. t.) To stitch or sew together at frequent intervals, in order to confine in place the several layers of cloth and wadding of which a garment, comforter, etc., may be made; as, to quilt a coat.
- (n.) Anything that is quilted; esp., a quilted bed cover, or a skirt worn by women; any cover or garment made by putting wool, cotton, etc., between two cloths and stitching them together; also, any outer bed cover.
- (v. t.) To wad, as a garment, with warm soft material.