• Quits Definition & Synonyms
- (interj.) See the Note under Quit, a.
• Quit Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To meet the claims upon, or expectations entertained of; to conduct; to acquit; -- used reflexively.
- (a.) To discharge, as an obligation or duty; to meet and satisfy, as a claim or debt; to make payment for or of; to requite; to repay.
- (a.) To carry through; to go through to the end.
- (a.) To have done with; to cease from; to stop; hence, to depart from; to leave; to forsake; as, to quit work; to quit the place; to quit jesting.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Quit
- (v. i.) To away; to depart; to stop doing a thing; to cease.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of small passerine birds native of tropical America. See Banana quit, under Banana, and Guitguit.
- (v.) Released from obligation, charge, penalty, etc.; free; clear; absolved; acquitted.
- (a.) To release from obligation, accusation, penalty, or the like; to absolve; to acquit.
- (a.) To set at rest; to free, as from anything harmful or oppressive; to relieve; to clear; to liberate.