• Rabbet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A longitudinal channel, groove, or recess cut out of the edge or face of any body; especially, one intended to receive another member, so as to break or cover the joint, or more easily to hold the members in place; thus, the groove cut for a panel, for a pane of glass, or for a door, is a rabbet, or rebate.
- (v. t.) To unite the edges of, as boards, etc., in a rabbet joint.
- (v. t.) To cut a rabbet in; to furnish with a rabbet.
- (n.) Same as Rabbet joint, below.
• Rabbeted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rabbet